Bit of a late weekly update
Meant to post over the weekend, but that didn't end up happening. That's ok, I still wanted to post about how my week went.
This week felt overwhelming, as I really started to feel the weight of everything I have to juggle to maintain a healthy balance in my lifestyle. Every time I cross a boundary that I told myself I wasn't going to cross anymore, I feel like I'm betraying myself, and that I'm one step closer to losing myself like it already happened before. I never want to compromise my nutrition, sleep, or mental health just to perform in the way I feel is expected of me, because in the past those expectations were just impossible to reach, and I don't ever again want to place my worth on my academic performance.
For some reason, tapping back into productivity mode this week felt unbearable. Something in me rejected that state, and I think that’s why it’s been impossible to focus. The day slips by, and I realize I haven’t even done half of what I wanted to. I know I’ll get things done eventually, but right now I just want to allow myself to feel overwhelmed, to acknowledge that I’m tired, and even to cry if I need to, because before, I didn't even let myself do those things.
On the bright side, I presented this paper at Cosmo Coffee last Thursday. I'm proud I managed do it, as I only started reading the paper the day before (yes, this was my bad, I should've been prepared, but also I don't wanna blame myself too much because I was handling everything that comes with the start of a new semester).
As of my research, following the plan to reproduce Yunyang's results for 40 GHz, there hasn't been much progress to show. Now omar is down so whatever I try to run just throws an error because whenever Dpipe tries to call some moby2 modules it crashes. It looks like we just have to wait until omar is up again. In the meantime, I'll keep reading about Cosmology (auditing the class and reading papers to present at Cosmo Coffee).
Comments
Post a Comment